Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Living in Paradise

Well, my wife and I did get married in August. The funny thing about it is that I did not actually meet her until five days before our wedding. Our courtship was entirely online and on the phone. Some of our friends were amazed; others were doubtful. However, I love my wife deeply, enjoy being with her and could not imagine life now without her.

After we married in Anchorage, we honeymooned in Seward for two nights (try the Falls Inn B&B, it's wonderful), then spent two nights in Anchorage before she flew home to Missouri. I packed and shipped my worldly goods to Missouri, then left on the road on my motorcycle to meet her. I spent 5 days traveling through Alaska, Canada, and the lower 48 to reach her. It was my 5th time riding through Canada, and I always enjoy it.

Now her job has brought us to Hawaii, were we shall probably be for the next 3-5 years. It's her dream location. She has been here before on vacation, on Maui, and wanted to return for an upcoming birthday - now she will be living here and has to select somewhere else to go.

As time goes by, I'll continue to post to this blog about our time here, and try to give a good description about what it is like to live in "paradise."

No comments: